Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Friday 20 December 2019

On generosity

Quite a number of blogs that I've read have commented on the generosity of fellow wargames' bloggers, and I would like to take this opportunity in joining them and in thanking publicly those who have been generous to me!

Thank you to Mr Sprinks at Wronghammer for sending me some 10mm figures that were surplus to his requirements - I have started painting them and here's the proof!

I hope to continue the 10mm project in 2020

Thank you to John the Wargame Hermit for so generously sending me some Warmaster figures, also for my 10mm project - here's a command unit

I accept full responsibility for the scrappy painting

And thank you to Ross Mac for the box full of 1/72nd ACW figures that arrived today after an epic journey from Canada 

ACW figures come out fighting
Whilst I'm on the subject of thanks, I'd also like to thank Bob Cordery, Ross Mac and Alan Tradgardmastare who have all had such kind words to say about my blog in their posts.
Enough said. Compliments of the Season to all. 

10 comments:

  1. Most wargamers I know are generous in sharing their enthusiasm for the hobby and stuff.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - Yes it's extraordinary what you can learn from all the blog posts, crammed full of ideas and, as you say, enthusiasm!

      Delete
  2. I'm just going to pretend that those 10's don't look very attractive. But there are a lot of good people on this hobby, long may that continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! The sculpting of the 10mm figures is really quite amazing.

      Delete
  3. En voilĂ  une bonne nouvelle! Bonnes vacances...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The figs look great Jack, glad you are finding a good home for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, they're lovely little figures. Still got a lot of painting to do!

      Delete
  5. Yet another wonderful tale of wargamers generosity - what a communtiy we are !
    Happy Xmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete