Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Saturday 2 May 2020

Lockdown Update Part the Second

and a thank you

At the start of this week I received a surprise parcel from Mr Sprinks (of the Wronghammer Blog); a bundle of painted Strelets figures!! Sprinks suggested that these would make an Army of Asgard in the Hyborian Continent, and they are indeed perfect for the Norse type areas of Howard's fantastical creation. Thanks Mr Sprinks!


All I've done is based the figures and added a couple of archers and some cavalry and I have an instant army! I have also ear-marked some other figures from the Toybox to turn into an Army of Vanaheim to allow for some tribal fighting in the North of Hyboria.

Army of Asgard

Apologies for the picture quality - the light's not too great this afternoon!

Stay safe everybody and happy gaming.

13 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff. You even have the minifigs figure for Conan himself.
    ...his allegiance will remain questionable ...aye...'he who pays me the most gold, deliverers me the finest women, and pours me the finest wine ...may have my sword.'
    (These have always been my career goals too, but the sword was too heavy dammit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the figures, and if sure that they’ll fight well as the army of Asgard.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob. It'll be PW Ancients Rules they'll be fighting under, with a couple of House rules

      Delete
  3. Oh, highly interesting! First, you have an opposing army for your Corinthians, so we're waiting for the report :) Second, I knew that Mr Sprinks has recently fallen into a paint pot, but I discover the wide variety of figures he's now painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Philotep - yes Sprinks has gone all painty recently for sure!

      Delete
  4. Top work.. I look forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wondeful gift ! Good to see that you've immediately put it to good use too - very imoressive force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! Yes it was a very generous gift and a total surprise which made it doubly nice.

      Delete