Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Wednesday 29 July 2020

Frivolity and a Recommendation

Whilst rooting around in the piles of stuff I call my Toybox I chanced upon this old model steam launch I'd made years ago. So I took a frivolous picture of it. I call her The Heart of Darkness:

"Then there was Phillips, the Chief. It might have been my mission, but it sure as shit was the Chief's boat"


On a less frivolous note, I recommend you visit the following blog ( click HERE ) which is being penned by Johnny Danger. Mr. Danger is undertaking an ECW Campaign in 6mm using The Portable Wargame, and jolly good it is too.


8 comments:

  1. This vessel could stand in as the African Queen too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonathan. Yes it was made to be that style of boat - I was toying around with a Victorian Colonial theme that ended up morphing into Victorian Steam-Punk/Sci-fi!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil (J'espere les vacs se passent bien!)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. True - I hadn't thought of an evacuation type game; nice idea!

      Delete
  4. It may be a bit plain, but it does the job - I've used much worse for representtinng naval forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was Katherine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story who said "My, she was yar!"

      Delete