Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Tuesday 29 December 2020

More from General Chatter

Little activity at the front


General Chatter consults the Campaign map

Another month with little hobby activity to report; a few photos of recently painted figures follow.

 A copse* of Ents (and other treeoids)

(* I suspect the collective noun for Ents ought to be a Moot)

Minifigs ME37 Large Ent circa 1973

Minifigs VFW24 Tree with arms and face circa 1978

Games Workshop Ent - can't remember when I acquired this!

More Elhiem Figures

A few more of Elhiem's 20mm fantasy figures came too close to my paint brush.



I have a lot of time for the Druidic Wizard type (furthest to the right) and the Female Elf warrior (2nd from the left) is rather good too.

New board

Finally, a new board for 2mm Portable War games was painted on Christmas Eve. I hope to play a game on it before this year is finished (though as it's 2020, who knows what will happen next). The inspiration for this board was Martin Smith's painted chess board that was featured on Bob Cordery's post HERE.



Stay Safe and Well! 

21 comments:

  1. What do you attribute to your lack of hobby activities? The holidays? Hope to see you get in a game on your new board. You know, you make a point about 2020. It may NOT end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lack of hobby activity is due mainly to domestic chaos! Plus lots of work in the last quarter of the year, though that's a good complaint!
      A game is afoot, hopefully tomorrow...

      Delete
  2. The new board is superb sir, as is the minifigs ent - full of 70s scary'ness'.

    Really love those elheim 20mm. I have some of their modern figs - which reminds me, must get 'Hyboria Now' on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Duc. I'm very keen to see the modern take on Hyboria

      Delete
  3. Hom hom hom, I loooove these Ents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Jack, the collection of 'ents throughout the ages' is wonderful (what is the collective term for Ents?) And the board is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mr Sprinks. Hope you and the family had a good Christmas!

      Delete
    2. A forest of Ents? :-)

      Regards, Chris.

      Delete
  5. I like the board! I’m currently looking at painting one of my own.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bob. This is just a little one for 2mm figures, one foot square with 1.5x1.5 inch squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A glorious board and one I may well copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin Smith's original got me enthused to do a bit of artwork!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. When I was at school Ents were to Middle Earth gamers what Elephants were to Ancients gamers!

      Delete
  9. I know the feeling about the lack of hobby stuff done in the last month or so - it's been a longyear !
    I think that as we get longer daylight hours we'll all pick up the pace a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Joe - I really don't like the Winter!
      Best wishes for the New Year.

      Delete
  10. The ents, the 20mm miniatures and the board look wonderful. I love the colours you used on the board. I'm looking forward to your battle report! Cheers, Karl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karl - the first use of the board is reported here: https://btohw.blogspot.com/2020/12/scenario-13-escape.html

      Frohes neues Jahr (hope that's right)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. Frohes neues Jahr!

      Delete