Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Sunday 17 July 2022

Toying with Scenery

 Mardigan over at the Brush and Battle blog has been compiling inspiration for some medieval buildings made simply from blocks. This reminded me of some bits of architectural scenery I made from one of those wooden villages you can pick up on Ebay. I made them for use with 10mm figures based mainly on 2" square bases. They are themselves assembled on 3" squares to fit on a 3" grid.

Town of half-timbered houses and a tower

Fortified Manor

14 comments:

  1. I've tried basing these building before. I really like the fortified manor. Time to dig out my collection and rethink using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Lots of possibilities with these little buildings!

      Delete
  2. They look really neat 🙂👍🏼👍🏼. Presumably there’s room for a base of troops to fit within the second one, the Manor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martin. Yes a 2" base squeezes in the courtyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these systems. Simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archduke. They were fun to make and didn't involve too much scratch building

      Delete
  5. Workmanlike and pleasing to the eye. Excellent!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan - I see you're still Anonymous. Is that a Blogger thing?

      Delete
  6. The buildng look to fit in perfectly with your style,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe - I keep it simple as I'm really not skilled at painting / model-making!

      Delete
  7. Nice buildings! I also like the trees a lot. Cheer, Karl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karl - the trees are Irregular Miniatures 6mm

      Delete
  8. Those look great! I love the fortified manor as well, it’s given me a couple of ideas for mine. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help with a share of ideas.
      The origin of my Fortified Manor is a far better piece of work by Bob the Painter which can be found here:
      http://bobthepainter.blogspot.com/2018/08/new-terrain-piece.html

      Delete