Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Friday 15 December 2023

A Lunchtime FP 3x3 PW

 With the (artificial) deadline of Christmas looming, time seems to be in even shorter supply. To that end a Fast Play 3x3 Portable Wargame over lunch seemed appropriate, with a very rapid write-up!


Barbarians (top of picture) are, as usual, attacking The Empire. Their objective is to capture and plunder the town. 

The Empire Army seized the initiative and took control of the town early in the battle. The Barbarians attacked...


..Calamity! The Barbarian Leader fell. His men bravely fought on.


Both sides suffered many casualties, but the Barbarians had lost too many to continue the fight.


The Empire holds firm for now.

16 comments:

  1. A nice, quick little battle. The Empire is victorious and the barbarian hordes are thrown back.
    Do you just have basic armies or - borrowing the idea from One Hour Wargames - do you have “all the options” and let the dice decide? I must admit I’m very much in the latter camp.
    Have a great Christmas.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff. Yes randomly generated 6 unit armies plus a General. The Barbarians got 3 Infantry, 1 Archer, 2 Cavalry; The Empire 4 Infantry, 2 Cavalry. All at 2 SP each.

      Delete
  2. Brill…keeping those barbarians at arms length!! Good to see you nabbing a kwik game, MJT ✔️✔️✔️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking little game! I'm considering what to bring with me when I travel this coming holiday. I was thinking a small PW set up, but a 3x3 would be even more compact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John a 3x3 set up could be a very compact way of making a Travel Game. My Grid Squares are 3 inch square (by 2mm or 5/64 inch thick) so take up very little room. The figures are 10mm.

      Delete
  4. A great little battle report! It cheered my up when I read it as my day has been a bit grey and miserable at times today.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. I hope the Covid recovery is going well.

      Delete
  5. I like the nice, simple elegant set-up. Will the brave barbarians give up, and allow the Evil Empire to continue to hold sway? Or will it be the case that the intrepid imperialists will continue to bring the delights of civilization to the rude roughnecks...?
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ion. This was just going to be a one off game but now I'm wondering if I should make a map and turn it into something bigger....

      Delete
  6. Great little game! I'm wondering if the Empire will now strike back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fast play fun indeed, an inspiring wee battle.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. Your Flats have got me interested in "Ancients" again!

      Delete
  8. Short, pleasant...and bloody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Yes indeed, fast and grisly fighting in the Ancient World.

      Delete