Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Simple One Page Rules

 The rules being tested by the Duke of Tradgardland, are a very simple set I created for quick games when I didn't want to bother with any form of record keeping for accrued hits. They were written for Hyboria games but could easily be used for Ancients or other Fantasy games. I'd be interested to read any changes / additions that players might make. Here they are:  



12 comments:

  1. Very interesting rules. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice little set of rules, I'm A big fan of simple one or two page rule sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are basically the same as the rules I did for that Game in a Matchbox challenge (I think)

      Delete
  3. Ohh these doo look nice. They will work with hexes too,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun for a very fast game - I haven't tried hexes but I guess so.

      Delete
  4. Looks good….I assume they’re for a larger (eg 8x8) grid, as against a Fast Play 3x3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my intention at the time was to use a 6x6 but yes, a bigger board than 3x3 for sure

      Delete
  5. Nice and simple. Which increasingly is what I like. Also, they look like they provide the basis for endless tweaking to suit different periods and scenarios, as long as the tweaker doesn't get carried away. Might give them a go on my hex grid. Possibly add a 2 hex range for javelins and a heavy/close order v light/skirmisher bonus in melee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Those are great additions - my original design was made for the very limited types of figures I had in 10mm at the time, but they could easily be extended to meet the figure types a General has at their disposal. I'd be interested to read any more tweaks!

      Delete
  6. Tweaking started and most enjoyably. Thanks for sharing the rules. Perhaps folk might like to post their tweaks as comments?
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. I would be most interested in reading any tweaks so please do leave them in the comments or email them to me

      Delete