Advisory Note

Please Note: This blog contains poorly painted toy soldiers that may offend those of an aesthetically sensitive disposition.

Saturday 15 June 2019

Sprinks' Oldhammer Challenge - Progress Report

The Challenge


Build a new Oldhammer Army for no more than £30 (Sterling) or the local equivalent by August, was the challenge.

Progress (sort of)

So I ordered an "Army" of 10mm Medieval figures from Irregular miniatures (cost approx. £21 (Sterling) including shipping, in order to build a force from Bretonnia. Now I haven't actually played any Warhammer games but I have read some of the articles and looked at the figures in Games Workshop shops, so I've got an idea. Bretonnia is a sort of High Middle Ages France on amphetamines (there probably should be some Prog Rock playing now).
There's no hope of me painting all that heraldry but I'm going for a colourful Impressionist version (the impression of well painted figures without the reality).
I haven't got much to report so far but there's still a few weeks until August...

Two units of Knights and a General on Old School bases

10 comments:

  1. Good work and considerably more painted than myself for the challenge... I remember King Arthur on ice by Rick Wakeman which could perhaps be worked into the army?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! YES with Roger Dean artwork and a bonus d6 for mystical synth work. How many hit points for Rick do you think?

      Delete
  2. Superb work sir.
    I love the basing style and the knights look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sir Duc. Plain base - less is more etc, well less is less work for me anyway..

      Delete
  3. Beautiful knights Jack, they look the business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mr Sprinks! Some way to go yet!!

      Delete
    2. I still have a sample pack of 10mm Pendracken medievals if they are any use to you?

      Delete
    3. Thanks mate. I've got so many figures I don't know what to do with them all!

      Delete
  4. A good start to the challenge. The unit looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. Hope to get some more done today (Sunday).

      Delete